As part of the Digital Learning Programme the University has invested in a multimedia management platform called MyMediasite. The multimedia management platform will be a single multimedia repository to support the creation, storage, management and publication of the University’s audio and video assets. VideoLeeds will be launched in May 2015 and this will enable staff and students to publish teaching and learning resources to a public audience. Resources can also be restricted to staff and students from the University. Demonstrations of VideoLeeds will run throughout May and June 2015.
Audio and video assets include personal recordings made at the lecturer's desktop which can be made available to students via the VLE; educational and marketing material for internal and external publication, for example to University websites or iTunesU; student produced audio/video for assessment via the VLE; and research materials for internal sharing or external publication.
Colleagues will be offered Faculty-based training and support to use the multimedia management platform during 2015. More information will follow shortly as the platform is developed.
A multimedia management platform provides:
- an institutional approach to the creation, storage and management of multimedia resources;
- a controlled means of publishing content across numerous University and external channels;
- a system which supports mobile; has appropriate video storage and management capability; and which will be supported by the University.
In summary MyMediaSite will enable:
- capturing and creating content - one simple interface, intuitive editing tools, seamless integration;
- review, edit and approve - one simple interface, VLE or "MyMediaSite", secure access control;
- publish and view - simple publishing to VLE, VideoLeeds, University of Leeds YouTube, iTunesU, and other websites.
See the Copyright and Legal pages for details of considerations when creating audio and video resources.